THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

More cleaning out....

Here we go again with the cleaning out phase.... seems it's never enough. I've been cleaning out trash, unusable items for Freecycle or our Church's Benevolence room to give to someone in need, etc. So far several items have gone- our old Stove went to someone needing one (We got a new one for Christmas!), some odds and ends and books that are just collecting dust went on Freecycle with more to go, and noone has picked up the microwave on Freecycle so it will go to church Sunday to give to someone.

In the midst of it all I've been trying to crochet a couple of preemie caps and a small teddy bear. No hurry on either project so they are relaxing. Just some in-between-projects crocheting. Scott is doing much better and went back to work from vacation and sick leave tonight. They haven't officially told us the results of his tests this morning but the girl did tell him today she saw some stones in his gall bladder so I am sure they will at least suggest that coming out sooner or later.

Just thought I'd check in- I haven't had time to work much on my knitting lately but I'm determined to get back to it so as not to forget it. If I can just master baby hats and maybe booties I'll be satisfied- I can crochet the rest!

Speaking of Freecycle and giving, I had left some books out for a lady I know on my group today and when I returned home there was a huge sack on my porch. Scott said "Look, someone left you a present!" I didn't see it and said "What the heck are you talking about??" Then I saw the garbage bag on my porch and went to investigate thinking it must be a wierdo neighbor's prank to leave garbage on the front porch. I opened the sack and it was FULL of jeans and a couple of pairs of shorts which I needed badly and had asked for a couple of weeks ago on Freecycle and forgotten about since noone replied. I have had SUCH a terrible time finding decent jeans lately- most of mine, the legs if nothing else are worn to a frazzle and even if I could afford the ones in stores they're crappy looking at present (I hate the "style" that's out right now... such a crappy looking wash and design) and more importantly haven't been able to get the new "trendy" ones to fit. If they fit in the waist, they don't in the seat or the crotch or so on... you get the idea. Come to find out they were from the lady who picked up the books- she had seen my request and her daughter had just cleaned out her closet. I am so grateful even though I haven't been able to try them all on yet to see how many I could wear.

I'm not complaining though, but that is almost worth the added laundry to the countless loads I have around here to do or put up etc. Mom folded some while she was here the other day but I have been so busy they are still sitting on the table. Think Scott put any up? Of course not. Usually I make him at least put up a few of his but he hasn't either lately so more laundry is sitting around. At least I can tell Clean from dirty.

So with laundry and cleaning out, I'd better get back to the houseWORK!! Later all!!

1 comments:

Mimi said...

You put me to shame washing putting things up..deep sigh :) I am glad you like the purse. I kind of like felted purses except wool is so expensive. I know you like do do baby things like I do. I linked to a simple knit bib I adore on my blog. It is easy little yarn and you get to humt for a cute button. Love it. Have a look it may be a pattern you would like. Remember to rest and crochet :) :) I am older and wiser honey you never get caught up. :)